Comox Valley Harbour Authority is one of 54 Harbour Authorities whose primary purpose is to provide services to the Commercial Fishing Fleet on the British Columbia coast. The Comox Harbour has a long history of being a vital transportation link for the surrounding community. Since the first dock was built in 1874 the marine industry has been a major influence. Priority for year-round moorage in this facility is given to Commercial Fishing Vessels, very limited space is available for year-round pleasure craft.
The environment is very important to us, our staff are trained in Marine Oil Spill Recovery. Spill kits are located on the docks and at the top of the ramps. Emergency pumps and spill recovery materials are on hand. Regular vessel checks are conducted.
Our Commercial Fleet leaves the dock for the fishing grounds in mid May and returns in mid September. During this time the East basin is available for visitor moorage on a first come first serve basis. Reservations are not accepted; large boats should call ahead for availability.
Services at the Dock
- Electricity (20, 30, 50 amps, 120/250 volts)
- Washrooms and Showers
- Block and cubed ice
- Visitors lounge area
- Courtesy computer
- Visitor information centre
- Free WIFI
- 2-ton winch
- Fresh water
- Dockside fish sales
- Breakwater promenade
- Fuel dock next door
- Permit parking, limited pay parking for longer visits
- Dinghy dock, tidal access only
- Used oil recycling
Visitors are welcome! Visitor information is available just outside the CVHA office.
Visiting Vessel Rates
- COMMERCIAL: $.22 per foot, per night
- PLEASURE CRAFT: $.97 per foot, per night
- Please note that our year-round pleasure craft space is currently filled.
- Due to limited turnover we do not keep a waiting list.
Don’t Miss Out! There’s Lots to See and Do in Comox
In a couple of minutes of walking, you can find a whole world of retail therapy, dining and professional services in Comox. You can find the following:
- Full-service grocery store and pharmacies
- Library with internet
- Tennis courts
- Banks and a Credit Union
- Marine Stores
- Art Galleries
- Museum (Comox and Air Force)
- Golf Courses
- Airport (YQQ) and Harbour Air
- Recreation Center
- An amazing assortment of restaurants and pub, some featuring our fresh seafood!
- Hospital in Courtenay and numerous walk-in clinics
- Taxi and bus service
- Postal Outlets